Sunday, December 10, 2006


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMEE! Here's a poem I wrote for Aimee
last year. It still applies! I love you Aimee!!!

FOR AIMEE

In Italy, long ago
An angel was born
As pure as snow

In the wee night hours
Pouring rain & shining moon
An angel appeared
And filled the room
A tiny babe
So sweet & pure
A little angel, our daughter--
Aimee her name
Beloved she is
Bringing love that Christmas,
And ever since.

Her voice like the angels
Her smile so divine
Her spirit so lovely
I know she’s not mine.
She must be from Heaven
How else can explain
How beautiful she is,
How unearthly, this refrain:
Aimee, beloved,
is her name.

Dec. 10, 2005

p.s. I will post for more birthdays later!!! (since I'm kinda slow & still am not used to doing this!!)

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Hanna said...

What a darling poem, so sweet. I just realized that Aimee and Amanda both mean the same thing: beloved

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Kim said...

That's so cool!!! Glad you liked the poem. I have some for everyone, just have to dig them up sometime!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home