Saturday, February 03, 2007

MICHIGAN VISIT--here's some pics of when we visited Michigan in Sept. '06. (Sorry I don't have any photos of the gorgeous lakes this time. We saw them in '05, but I don't think I have any on digital.) We visited my Uncle Owen & Aunt Mary. We had a great time!!! Uncle Owen is my Dad's youngest brother. He's 80 now. He has a great sense of humor! He was in the army in WW2 & went to Saipan. He was spared from a battle in which all of his buddies were killed, because he had to get a tonsilectomy. He joined when he was 17! Aunt Mary is Italian-American & is so sweet--they had 11 kids & have 20 some grandkids. Here is a photo of my cousin Jan & some of her sisters, my cousins--Kathy, Andrea, Amy, Jan, & Sue--taken recently.
U. Owen & A. Mary took us to the Koch family cemetary in Ann Arbor, Mi. I saw the gravestones of my great grandparents, Christian & Augusta, my grandparents, Berthold & Ora & also my U.Donald & A. Janette who died when they were children. It was very peaceful there!
I also saw the house where my father & his brothers & sisters were born. It's about 100 yrs. old. It's real estate value is one of the highest in the US because it's well preserved & is on the campus of the University of Michigan, world famous for it's medical research.
Here's a pic of the house in Dearborn, Mi. that I grew up in. I can honestly tell you that it was nicer when I was a girl. There were a lot more bushes in front of the house & also a gorgeous big maple tree, which recently fell down from a storm.

1 Comments:

At 4:45 AM, Blogger Hanna said...

Hmm, I think you forgot to uploade the pictures, lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home