SAM'S BIRTHDAY--23 YRS OLD!! (8/8/08)
The same day the Olympics opened in Bejing. I was in the hospital & couldn't be at his birthday, but Sam & Steph and boys came by to visit--how sweet. They brought me some beautiful flowers. I understand they had a barbecue at the park near our house with everyone--lots of fun!
Well, no one took any photos unfortunately, but there's a few from last year. Here's a few poems I wrote for Sam & gave them to him for his birthday.
FOR SAM
How sweetly flew
These hours, these days
Now it seems
They're all erased--
Only memories remain.
Each day, each thought
So lost in time
I cannot make the seasons
rhyme,
They seem blended
As notes of a chime.
And yet my heart beats
longingly
To hug you more,
to smile,
to see--
The good and possibilities.
What wastes of time
to dwell on error
To ponder on the lacks,
What's "fairer"
Oh give me back
Those simple days
When we were young
And so unphased.
Pushing forward
To noble heights
Helping others
in their plight.
May I remain
forever small
Toiling not for fame
or call
Being there, like you--
that's all.
May you remain
forever in my heart
As one who gave,
And didn't think you did
more than your part.
May you remain
my son, my love--
As one who stood by
in the dark
Til the end
So strong, so tall--
As one who always
gave his all.
I wish you well,
as my tears fall
I wish you well,
My dear, my son--
So strong, so tall.
3/5/08
A THOUSAND YESTERDAYS
A thousand yesterdays
have passed away
Yet still I think
of you today
So young, at play.
Where is the yesterday
that never returns
that slips thru my fingers
for which I yearn?
If I could spend
one hour, one moment
again--
It would be with you--
my son, my friend.
7/20/08

1 Comments:
that's such a pretty poem mom. Sam reminds me a lot of u, I can see how you two would be close.
Post a Comment
<< Home