ANGIE'S BIRTHDAY!!--Will be 22 Years Old on Oct. 4, '08
Just wanted to be ahead of the game this time. The plan is that I will be doing a regimen of chemos starting next week and I don't know how I'll be feeling when it's Ang's birthday. I'm hoping I'll be fine, but one never knows. So this is dedicated to Angie, I LOVE YOU!!!! Hope you have a great birthday & a wonderful year!!
Here's some poems I've written for you. I hope you like them.
THE COLOR OF THE SUNSET
The color of the sunset
The color of a rose
The color of your eyes--
These things are very close.
The wings of a bird
The singing of a brook
The beauty of your smile--
I only have to look.
The softness of the snow
The sparkle of the stars
The places I want to go--
I see them in your eyes.
The warmth of the sun
The coolness of the breeze
The gracefulness of a bird
Is in your touch, so sweet.
The whistle of the train
The whisper of the trees
The noise of the crickets--
Your voice is just like these.
Oct. 3, '05
A DROP IN THE BUCKET
A drop in the bucket
A bird in the sky
An opening flower
A tear in my eye.
A moment in Springtime
A child's tiny hand
These are things I still understand.
How fleeting the days
That you were still near
How like the sunset
They'll soon disappear.
And yet for these moments
I want you to know
My heart is breaking
With love--
as you go.
09/07/06
IN AUTUMN
In Autumn
don't you know
That everthing is dying?
The brilliance
of the colors--
Death defying.
In Winter
snowy stillness
Everything is sleeping--
Life beneath is keeping,
waiting--
For the Spring.
In Spring
How did we know
That everything asleep
Would show--
That everything we thought
was dead
Would grow.
In Summer now
In sun and heat
The fruits come forth
Like finest wheat.
The sun, the rain
The cold, the pain
The death,
Rebirth--
Are we not born again?
As in Heaven,
So on earth.
2006
OF DREAMS
Of dreams & things
we couldn't see
The forest, then the trees--
By letting go
I'll let you know
What realisation seems--
The distant drums
The piper calls
The sea beaconing you--
And yet you know
That thru it all
My heart is with
you still.
So go your way
And I will stay
Your distant,
loving friend.
I cannot keep you
by my side
I'm only at the
other end,
As roads will bend--
And so if you should
ever feel
You need a prayer,
A listening ear--
I'm there for you
As stars shine above
I'll be there for you--
With endless love.
5/13/07
Angie came home and brought me a beautiful rose & it inspired this poem:
HOW DID YOU KNOW?
How did you know
I needed that rose?
How did you know?
How did you know
my heart nearly froze
my tears want to flow--
How did you know?
My precious daughter,
You've always seemed
to know
How much I've needed
Your hugs, your smiles--
Your encouragement.
How did you know
I haven't been able
to go on
Without your love,
your roses?
6/10/08

3 Comments:
Angie looks so pretty with red hair. I told Angie the other day that we write poems in our family just to make eachother cry (for fun). Ha.
So beautiful, all the poems, it's good to type them all out & have them in one place. I still have an envelope of your poems, but I can't read them very often for the above reason.
Thanks for posting. Love you!
Pretty poems Mom, they ring a little sad but I guess that's how you feel sometimes. I also have an envelope of your poems which I sometimes read and tell myself I have the greatest mother-in-law in the world.
Tx girls, sorry for the sadness. Well, "our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thoughts!" I have poems written by you too for me and they make me cry as well. Nothing like a good cry sometimes, eh?
Post a Comment
<< Home