Monday, September 22, 2008



PLEASE DON'T CRY--Aimee & everyone says my poems make them cry! Sorry! Well, at least they evoke some sort of emotion--leaving you glad, sad or mad! Here's something that I hope isn't too sad, but more encouraging.


PRAYER FOR MY KIDS & GRANDKIDS


Please take them down their
path of life
Please hold their hands
And be their light
And let them know--
You're by their side.

Please sing to them
when they're tired
Please lift them up
when they fall
Please comfort them
when they don't know
how to go on
Please do for them
what I cannot do--
Please see them through.

Please help them to
help another somehow
Help them to look to You
even thru the clouds
Help them see your face
no matter what,
thru the fog
and day to day.
Help them to remember
Your sweet words
No matter what they hear.

May they feel encouragement,
see Your smile
Know Your love,
even if unclear while,
May they reach for You
in their darkest night
May You be their light--

May everything for them--
be alright.
I cannot stay now by their side
But I know that You will be
their guide
I know that You will be
their friend
You'll never leave them--
World without end.



6/26/01

4 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Beautiful! I love your poetry.:)

Love you.

Stephanie~

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Hanna said...

Pretty, Mom. I was bummed the other day and asked Tom what I should do to cheer up, he goes "Don't read Mom's poems!" LOL
I don't see them as sad but as bittersweet. :-)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Good one, Tom.
Mom, you're like "don't cry, Aimee", but then you all post more poems. HA.
Love you, this one is beautiful.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Tx for the comments guys, so encouraging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home